Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Jesus said it would be like this

In John 16:33 Jesus said, “I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have trouble. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

Difficult days will come. When they do we can have peace because Chris alone has overcome the world. The peace of Christ comforts us because He alone is in control. It's the times of trouble that force us to deal with the fact that we are not in control and we need Christ to carry us.

So, when troubles times come take heart and remember…

1. Remember that God is the author of life.

Psalm 139

Where shall I go from your Spirit…even the darkness is not dark to you… you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.

2. Remember God’s benefits promised to you.

Psalm 103:2-5

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

3. Remember that God works for your good.

Ecclesiastes 3

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven…He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man’s heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.

4. Remember God’s love and provision for you.

John 3:16

For this is how God loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

5. Remember God’s promise for those who are in Christ.

Revelation 21:3-4

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man, He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.

God fulfills ALL of these promises through Christ.

1 John 3:1, “See how great a love the father has lavished on us that we might be called the children of God.”

No comments: